Pathways To Living & Serving
in the Ashram Community
Our door is open to welcome you as part of our intergenerational community! We offer many options for stays, including a step-by-step process called Pathways that encourages longer-term residency – with the long-lasting benefit to participants of deepening your experience of the yogic teachings, learning more about yourself and developing skills that are transferable to work outside the Ashram.
These residency opportunities are available at no cost to participants without any income; in fact, we will provide a modest living allowance and other benefits to make your commitment possible. If however you have financial means, we welcome and encourage your monetary contributions which help the Ashram offer these learning experiences to others.
KARMA YOGA PATHWAYS PROCESS
Step One: Introduction to the Ashram
Step Two: Becoming a Karma Yoga Resident
Become a Karma Yoga resident by extending your stay in steps for 3 months, 6 months, 1 year or 2+ years. This gives you the best opportunity to expand your personal skills, develop your spiritual life and take responsibility. In the long term, you can become a team leader, a teacher, lead seminars and gain experience. You will live and work alongside us as part of our community. We will be happy to discuss these possibilities further when the time comes.
Additional opportunities based on the length of your service commitment include:
- 3-month Residency. Participate in one weekend retreat offered at the Ashram.
- 6-month Residency. Participate in two weekend retreats offered at the Ashram.
- One-Year Residency. Participate in the 10 Day Yoga Journey*, while others ‘hold the space’ for your safe and nurturing time of reflection.
- 18-month Residency. Participate in the three-month Yoga Development Course*, the Ashram’s foundational in-depth self-development course.
- For those committing for 3 months or more without any independent income (ie, after the living with us and deciding whether to commit time) we offer a small monthly living allowance for personal expenses. And, after 6 months or one year, you would become eligible for some help with, for example, dental expenses or a family visit. This assistance is made possible by the generous donations of others who want to support sincere Karma Yogis in their time at Yasodhara Ashram.
*Offered at no cost to you. Financial contributions are welcome and encouraged from participants with the means to do so.
Inquire about your options for this opportunity anytime.
Learn More about Karma Yoga:
WHAT PARTICIPANTS SAY ABOUT THEIR EXPERIENCE:
Click here to watch a larger version of the video
“It’s a unique experience at the Ashram. I’m surrounded by people who offer support with such sincerity. I get to participate in fantastic weekly workshops. Last year, I also took a course with other guests and I was just glowing afterwards. The life-long gifts I receive here are amazing.” Molly Askey-Goldsbury
Through my experience I gained confidence, leadership, intuition, more personal awareness. Leading teams taught me valuable people skills. And looking after the tomatoes – loving and nurturing them – reinforced strengths in me that I need to share.” Kyle Atkinson