Hidden Language Teacher Certification with Swami Matananda
Hidden Language Hatha Yoga is the unique style developed by Swami Radha that takes asanas far beyond physical exercise. From the knowledge, tools and insights you gained in the YDC and the foundation you built through the Hatha Teacher Training, you will gain confidence in transmitting this evocative method.
As a teacher, you will learn to use the tools of metaphor, symbolism and written reflection to help others access the “hidden” messages of the asanas – physically, psychologically and spiritually. You can expand the potential of yoga by offering students an appreciation of the body as a spiritual tool.
Teacher trainees in this course will:
- teach in small groups with feedback from colleagues and experienced instructors
- practice teaching in real classroom situations
- learn from observing yourself on video
- understand twenty-two asanas in depth
- create a receptive classroom atmosphere through spiritual practice and speech awareness
- focus on an independent study of asana and anatomy
- create a Hidden Language class series
- clarify your ethics as a yoga teacher
- create your own syllabus from your learning
- participate in a post-course practicum at the Ashram or in your community and write a summary of your learning
This fourteen-day intensive training course offers a full Ashram residential experience, from participation in Karma Yoga to leading satsangs. Together new and renewing teachers dive into their learning and teaching. Enjoy this time of community, reflection and challenge.
$2109 single room hall bathroom shared with one other person; deposit $250
$2589 single ensuite
(10% discount if both K&D and HL Teacher Certifications taken in the same year.)
Bursaries for young adults 18-30 are available on application for those who have financial need.
Includes accommodation, three meals daily, morning hatha, retreat/workshop, and evening satsang.
Reconciliation Fund – Your stay will include a $25 contribution (added to your invoice) toward The Reconciliation Fund initiated January 1, 2022. The collected money will be donated to a First Nations non-profit organization. These contributions, together with offerings from Ashram residents, will be given with the sincere intention to help right past injustices. All who visit or live at Yasodhara Ashram are on the beautiful but unceded territory of First Nations peoples, and we want to take meaningful action and give something back for this privilege.
To reserve your space we require a non-refundable $300 deposit at the time of booking.
- If you cancel prior to 14 days before the start date of your program, the deposit is non-refundable but may be transferred to another stay at the Ashram booked within a year of the original registration.
- Deposits for stays cancelled within 14 days of the start date will not be refunded and cannot be transferred to another stay.
- If you depart early during a program, full tuition and room charges still apply.
Thank you for your consideration that will help make space available for other guests.
Deposits are non-refundable.
August 4-18 (arrive August 4, depart August 19)
Please contact the Program Advisor to begin the Hidden Language Hatha Yoga Certification application process.