Hatha Yoga Teacher Certification
After completing the Yoga Development Course, the next step of our Teacher Training program is the Hatha Yoga Teacher Certification.
In this ten-day course you will learn how to teach classical asanas and integrate spiritual practices into the classroom. The approach is experiential – learning through teaching in small groups. You are encouraged to teach from a sense of self-acceptance – listening to your own body and offering from your own experience.
Emphasis is on:
- clarity and simplicity in instructions and demonstrations
- positive use of speech
- inclusion of mantra and the Divine Light Invocation
- empowering students to accept and listen to their bodies
- creating a noncompetitive and compassionate atmosphere
- conveying a sense of the deeper levels of yoga
- working with the whole person
Course requirements include:
- developing a series of six lesson plans
- completing a number of supervised teaching sessions with feedback from colleagues and instructors
- applied study of the physical and symbolic aspects of asana
- in-depth research of anatomy followed by a presentation
- a post-course practicum at the Ashram or in your community and a summary of your learning
After certification, we encourage our teachers to offer classes in the spirit of selfless service. Teachers renew every three years.
Successful completion of this course is a prerequisite for the Hidden Language Hatha Yoga Certification.
Cost: $850; deposit $100 (See our Cancellation Policy)
Package includes dinner on day of arrival, shared accommodation, three meals daily, morning hatha, workshops and evening satsangs. Optional hatha class and breakfast are included on day of departure.
Upon cancellation of a course, retreat, or other program, Yasodhara Ashram will hold your deposit for application towards your next stay for one calendar year.
Deposits are non-refundable.
Dates: April 8 – 19, 2020
Please contact the Program Advisor to begin the Hatha Yoga Teacher Certification application process.