Hatha Yoga Teacher Certification
After completing the Yoga Development Course, the next step of our Teacher Training program is the Hatha Yoga Teacher Certification.
In this ten-day course you will learn how to teach classical asanas and integrate spiritual practices into the classroom. The approach is experiential – learning through teaching in small groups. You are encouraged to teach from a sense of self-acceptance – listening to your own body and offering from your own experience.
Emphasis is on:
- clarity and simplicity in instructions and demonstrations
- positive use of speech
- inclusion of mantra and the Divine Light Invocation
- empowering students to accept and listen to their bodies
- creating a noncompetitive and compassionate atmosphere
- conveying a sense of the deeper levels of yoga
- working with the whole person
Course requirements include:
- developing a series of six lesson plans
- completing a number of supervised teaching sessions with feedback from colleagues and instructors
- applied study of the physical and symbolic aspects of asana
- in-depth research of anatomy followed by a presentation
- a post-course practicum at the Ashram or in your community and a summary of your learning
After certification, we encourage our teachers to offer classes in the spirit of selfless service. Teachers renew every three years.
Successful completion of this course is a prerequisite for the Hidden Language Hatha Yoga Certification.
Cost: $800; deposit $100 (See our Cancellation Policy)
Upon cancellation of a course, retreat, or other program, Yasodhara Ashram will hold your deposit for application towards your next stay for one calendar year.
Deposits are non-refundable.
Dates: April 9 – 19, 2018
Please contact the Program Advisor to begin the Hatha Yoga Teacher Certification application process.