- Laundry facilities are located in each of our residences. They are coin operated and laundry detergent is available for purchase at the bookstore.
- Eagle’s Nest
- Eagle’s Nest is a social space for reading, writing and doing crafts as well as accessing the internet. Skype and Facetime calls can be made from this area, open from 7:45 am to 7:45 pm.
- Located in the lower level of Siva Hall, the library is a quiet space for reading and writing. There are two computers with internet access, as well as wifi for guest use (no password required). The library holds copies of all books by Swami Radha and her disciples, as well as tapes and CDs, and many books by Swami Sivananda. In addition, it has an extensive collection specializing in spiritual thought and philosophy. We also have a small selection of fiction and poetry as well as children’s books. The Library is open from 7:45 am to 7:45 pm.
- Internet, Phone and Mail
Limited internet is available for $1.00/use or $15/month. The $15 monthly fee covers emails, Internet searches and the occasional Skype call. Movie downloads including Netflix, TV, etc are $5 per download to be paid at the bookstore monthly based on the honour system. Wifi access is available in Eagle’s Nest and in the Library and there are two computers in the Library for guest use.
- There are pay phones for guest use, and long distance phone cards available at the bookstore. Since we are in the mountains, cell phone reception can be limited in certain locations.
- Mail is sent three times per week and received Monday-Friday via Canada Post. Our mailing address is:
Kootenay Bay, BC
- Gift Store
- Our Gift Store offers a collection of recommended titles from various spiritual traditions and disciplines. We carry all of Swami Radha’s books, and all books on the required reading list for the YDC. Devotional images and altar supplies are available along with CDs, videos, jewelry and unique gifts. We also stock essentials, such as stationary, snacks and teas, and natural personal hygiene products.
- Prayer rooms
- There are a number of dedicated prayer rooms for your personal meditation or mantra practice. The Beach Prayer Room is the original prayer room of the Ashram and looks out onto beautiful Kootenay Lake. The newest prayer room, dedicated to Divine Mother, is next door. There is also a private prayer room located in the Temple of Divine Light (temporarily closed). Guests may sign up for practice times or enjoy the silence of the sacred spaces.
- Beaches and Trails
- It is a privilege to have our community in the natural beauty of the Kootenay region. One of the reasons Swami Radha located the Ashram here was so that guests could come and be connected to a more natural rhythm of life.Our 115-acre mountain property is abundant with wildlife, fauna and flora. There are walking trails for your enjoyment. We have beautiful waterfront with beaches and a crystal clear lake to swim in during the summer.
- Town run
- Guests can order necessary items such as specialty foods, toiletries and medicines from Nelson or Creston, the nearest towns. Orders are placed and pre-paid in advance. There is a charge each time this courier service is used.