Whether working from home or in an office, you meet challenges - balancing work and life, working with your boss or colleagues, and adapting and adjusting to the constraints of the pandemic. The tasks you are asked to do may also raise integrity questions for you. Where is your life or career taking you anyway? What is the right direction?
Working with a group of motivated professionals, Swami Sukhananda will guide you through practices. Discussions will help you to identify practical approaches to meet your own unique circumstances. This highly expert approach is supported by a deep understanding of human consciousness, the body-mind connection, and the ancient wisdom of the yoga sutras. It will give you skills and practical techniques to support a positive approach toward achieving your goals.
What you will learn
- How to find inner peace in a busy world
- A range of meditations, mindfulness, stretch, breath, and centering practices
- How to address very real challenges - competing aims, needs and ideals
- Mastery over personal choices – in attitude, speech and actions
- More skillful approaches to refining your ideals and living your life with integrity
Dates: Next course begins in September 2021
Duration: 10 weeks of study
Time: Fridays, 10.30 – 12.30 PDT (6.30 – 8.30 pm GMT)
- Weekly live sessions include group discussions and practices
- Occasional one-on-ones with your instructor
- Assignments to follow, with flexibility to fit your lifestyle
- Additional independent self-access materials and references provided
- Optional: 8 further monthly discussion sessions (1 hour 15 minutes) based on reflection
Instructor: Swami Sukhananda
Platform: Unwind at the end of your week in a calm space, via Zoom
Limit: 12 participants
Fees: $1500 CAD (or 3 installments of $500)
Eligibility: Professionals in any sector who are committed to their growth and development, including those considering continuing professional development funding from their organisation. You will begin with a conversation with the instructor to explore your goals and expectations.
Session 1 – Peace of mind
Session 2 – Kindness (including care for your own personal boundaries and down-time)
Session 3 – Truth
Session 4 – Self image, self-respect and self care
Session 5 – Knowledge, self-awareness and choice
Session 6 – Gratitude and giving back (including fair trade, charitable donations, etc)
Session 7 – Contentment and happiness
Session 8 – Energy conservation
Session 9 – Letting go
Session 10 – Bringing it together - your personal peace plan
SKILLS YOU WILL GAIN
- Greater freedom that comes with self-mastery
- Skillful application of your personal goals and ideals
- Meditation and stretch techniques
- A more positive approach to life
- Greater peace of mind
INSTRUCTor: Swami Sukhananda
Swami Sukhananda (Dr Jayne Boys) was formerly an adviser to governments on sustainability, environmental and organizational issues. She first met Swami Radha in 1988 and was deeply moved by her experience. Sukhananda now lives and teaches yoga at Yasodhara Ashram and in Europe. She is a historian whose articles about Swami Radha’s work have appeared in British and North American yoga magazines. While enjoying the beauty of the Ashram, she is inspired by witnessing the progress participants make during their online sessions. “The transformative effects of the meditation practices and the reflective and discussion processes have adapted so effectively online. It is wonderful to have this opportunity to support professionals navigating the challenges of their daily lives.”
If you are interested in applying to this program, please contact Swami Sukhananda to arrange for a conversation to explore expectations and establish a shared understanding of your goals.
"I am amazed with the approach that you used that opened quite a new perspective to me."bla
Braga, Portugal, November 2020
"The course was everything I had hoped for and more."
BC, Canada, October 2020
"It gives you questions to think about, to bring into my week. So, in my work, in my family, I have a chance to look at things from a different perspective."
Leeds, England, October 2020