Demystifying a Yasodhara classic! Have you ever wondered how to make Ashram ketchup? The recipe is below, but remember this is for an Ashram-sized batch, so you may need to adjust!
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup date paste
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 1/4 cups tomato paste
- 1/4 cup tamarind paste (can also work without this)
- Soften date paste in hot water first. Then you have two options:
- Option 1: Place all the ingredients except the tomato paste in a small saucepan on high heat to bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, stir in the tomato paste, cover and cook for about 8 minutes.
- Option 2: Simply blend all ingredients besides the tomato paste, then whisk the tomato paste into the mixture.