- Learning Residencies in Food Flow, Hospitality and Grounds – Our Food Flow team has a number of Learning Residency positions starting as early as the end of March. Dive deeply into Garden, Orchard, Preserving Kitchen or Kitchen with these three to six-month spiritual and career/life development opportunities. Read more about our food policy which is part of our commitment to sustainable environmental practices and consider how you could fit within our team. We also have immediate need for Hospitality Learning Residents and Lands & Groundskeeping Learning Residents for minimum three-month commitments throughout the year.
- Outreach – Upcoming North American outreach workshops are in their planning stages. Swami Satyananda will travel to Nanaimo and Vancouver this spring. Swami Padmananda will offer workshops in Kimberly, Cranbrook and Calgary. Swami Matananda will teach in Alaska and Seattle, both first-time locations for Ashram outreach! Stay tuned for details at Teachers on Tour. Swami Sukhananda is currently touring Europe offering workshops in Germany (Berlin, Bad Meinberg and new offering in Nordsee), see dates. She will also visit Portugal, Eire and Hungary and will be returning to England and Germany for further workshops.
- Walking Together Into a Hopeful Future: Women Sacred Rising, April 24-26 – Join Pahan Pte San Win and Wanbdi Wakita in their fourth year of offering reconciliation and traditional teachings at the Ashram. Net proceeds support the Sundance of Women, dedicated to missing and murdered Indigenous women and girls and their families. To be held in Manitoba, August 12-16, 2020. For more information please visit the retreat page.
- United in Hope: Climate Vigil – Join us for an inspiring afternoon of community, music, stories and prayers for our planet on February 22 at 4:30 pm in the Temple of Light. Refreshments start at 3:30 pm MST in Mandala House. Please call ahead to reserve if you plan to stay for dinner. Call (250. 227.9224). This event – a collaboration with Interfaith/Ecosociety in Nelson – is open to all..
- Yoga Development Course 2020 – On January 8, a diverse group of 17 entered into this year’s Yoga Development Course. Participants come from as far away as Latvia, France and Ireland in Europe, as well as from Vermont, Michigan and Washington in the US, and from as close as Radium, BC. A number of seven young adults who first came to the Ashram through the One Month Karma Yoga Program are benefiting from this in-depth opportunity. Two women are taking the YDC for a second time. YDC days are filled with yoga in the deepest sense of the word!
- Many OMs – We welcomed 10 One-Month Karma Yogis (OMs) in January, a record for this time of year. This valuable program is attracting people from all over the world and many decide to extend their stay. We are blessed with their enthusiasm and their contribution in maintaining the work of the Ashram. Intakes happen monthly. Visit our website for more information.
- Concert – Natasha Hall (violin) and Yoomi Kim (piano) once again graced us with their talents in the Temple of Light on December 22. The sold-out concert was a perfect way to welcome in the light of solstice and bring local community together in musical appreciation.
Comments are closed.