Job Title: Computer and Technical Support (IT)
Status: Part-time, 4 hours a day, 5 days a week
Start date: April 1st, 2018
End date: December 31, 2018 with possibility of extension
Yasodhara Ashram, founded in 1963, is located on the shores of Kootenay Lake in the mountains of British Columbia. The Ashram is a vibrant yoga and retreat centre which offers courses and retreats throughout the year for those looking for quality, peace and meaning in their lives.
We are seeking a technically oriented, creative computer and support person to help the Ashram’s IT manager maintain and develop our computer systems and infrastructure. This position also offers an opportunity to learn new technical skills in a supportive community environment.
- Strong skills in trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Organization and communication skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to work with different systems and a willingness to learn.
- Experience with OS X and iOS devices using Mac apps (eg. Calendar, Mail), as well as Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and Final Cut Pro.
- Experience upgrading computer hardware – upgrading memory, hard drive replacement, etc.
- Some experience with audio visual equipment
- Some experience working with Windows, Linux and OS X servers
- Experience using, updating and managing WordPress and WordPress MU and working with development/live websites
- Optional: Experience with other apps we use would be considered an asset – AccountEdge, ResortSuite, Google for Non-Profits (Apps)
- responding in a timely and professional manner to support the needs for computer hardware and software, email, printers, AV equipment, phone system, servers and network.
- supporting the Ashram’s IT infrastructure
- Help manage, upgrade and maintain computer hardware and software, email, printers, AV equipment, servers, phone systems, and network.
Benefits of working with Yasodhara Ashram Society:
- Working for a progressive non-profit organization
- Flexible working hours
- Working in a beautiful natural environment
- Using your skills and abilities to support an organization that seeks to have a positive effect in people’s lives
- Working with a supportive, positive community
- Daily hatha yoga classes are an option as well as weekly reflection classes
- Staff discounts on courses and retreats
This is a part-time 20 hours a week position, April 1st, 2018 to December 31, 2018, with the possibility of extension. There may be options to live onsite or locally.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by March 15, 2018 to email@example.com.